Kaingo Kitchen- Tea time mini burgers
Small, moreish and a sight for sore eyes, it’s our mini burgers! Served at 15:30 with a glass of refreshing ice cold ice tea along with a slice of cake to follow, we cannot think of a better way to start your afternoon activities.
Like all the bread in camp, the buns are made fresh on the day and sprinkled with sesame seeds. These bite-sized delights are perfect for drinks parties or a fun twist on a starter at a lunch party. Follow the recipe below and let us know how and when you chose to serve them.
- Bread dough
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried herbs
- 1 tsp coriander
- Roll the dough into small balls the size of a nickel or a 50p coin. Place on a baking tray with clingfilm and until almost doubled in size.
- Egg wash buns and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 180C until golden (10 minutes).
- Brown onion with a little oil then add mince, herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape patties with a diameter of roughly 10cm. Fry for 2 minutes on each side until browned. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cut buns in half, spread with mayonnaise and mustard. Add lettuce and tomato. Place cocktail stick through the middle to keep together.